Volunteers are Also Invited to Apply for Weekday Positions
Long Island Game Farm is excited to announce a new Internship Program available at the park in the areas of daily operations, animal handling, education and office management. All current college students interested in the fields of hospitality, veterinary medicine, other sciences such as biology or business and marketing are encouraged to apply.
As part of the park’s latest employment opportunities, Long Island Game Farm is also issuing a call to seniors, stay-at-home parents or part-time workers to join its team on a volunteer basis. The park is currently hiring interns and volunteers to tend to the following areas of the park:
- Ticket Booth Operations
- Animal-Related Shows and Programming – on the main stage
- Lectures and Presentations – focused on animals, zoology and other interesting topics
- Animal Enrichment Programs – working directly with animals to develop their abilities
- Animal Nursery – requires some heavy lifting and cleaning of stalls
- Ride Operations
- Snack Bar and Gift Shop Operations
- Property Maintenance – requires cleaning of animal cages and park grounds
- Pony Ride Pavilion
- Head Office – this role is an Assistant to the Vice President of Operations and is specifically aimed at business or marketing majors.
Anyone interested in applying for an internship or volunteer position at Long Island Game Farm – Wildlife Park & Children’s Zoo is encouraged to visit the employment section of the park’s Website to fill out an application.