The Long Island Game Farm will be going into hibernation on Tuesday, October 13, but the animals aren’t going anywhere just yet. Instead, the zoo has increased its Facebook coupon to $4 off admission and has updated its fall hours and show schedule for the remainder of the season.
At the largest combined Children’s Zoo and Wildlife Park on Long Island, guests can see hundreds of animals and get up close and personal with some of their favorite exotic critters.
Visitors to the free Leapin’ Lemur Tour at Lemur Circle will have the opportunity to learn about these creatures, which hail from the African sub-continent. Each day, an animal expert from the Game Farm will discuss the lemurs’ habitat, what they eat and how they communicate. Park attendees are also invited to visit the Zebra, Cougar and Giraffe exhibits to learn some fun facts about these furry friends.
Guests can additionally receive a one-on-one Camel Encounter with a zookeeper and the park’s very own camels, Sandy and Sahara. During this event, guests can feed the camels a healthy snack and take photos with them. The Animal Education staff will be there to answer any questions and to share interesting facts about these “ships of the desert.” Tickets can be purchased at the Encounter or from the souvenir stand for $5.
The Game Farm will be open on the following days:
- September 10 to 15 (Thursday to Tuesday)
- September 17 to 20 (Thursday to Sunday)
- September 23 to 27 (Wednesday to Sunday)
- October 1 to 4 (Thursday to Sunday)
- October 8 to 12, including the 12 (Thursday to Monday)
The Fall Show Schedule is as follows:
- 10:30 a.m. — Zebra Facts: Meet Zefir!
- 11:00 a.m. — Alligator Feeding: Meet Big Rep!
- 11:30 a.m. — Leapin’ Lemur Tour
- 12:00 p.m. — Cougar and Giraffe Fun Facts
- 12:30 p.m. — Camel Encounter
- 1:00 p.m. — Leapin’ Lemur Tour
- 2:00 p.m. — Cougar and Giraffe Fun Facts
- 2:30 p.m. — Camel Encounter
- 3:00 p.m. — Alligator Swamp Feeding
Fall admission prices to the park will be $17.95 per adult and $15.95 per child, senior or military personnel. Guests are encouraged to visit the Long Island Game Farm’s Facebook page to download a $4 off coupon for parties of four or less. The days the Game Farm is open vary from week to week during the fall season. Guests are encouraged check the company’s Website for a full list of dates and hours.
The zoo will reopen in Spring 2016, but it’s never too late to reserve your date for next year’s field trips, company outings and birthday parties. Please call the Group admissions department at 631-878-6670 or email the Long Island Game Farm at email@example.com.