We are currently seeking to fill several paid, volunteer and internship positions for the 2017 season. As Long Island’s only combined petting farm and exotic animal zoo, our business has so many unique job opportunities for the animal lover in all of us! Positions are available for just 2017, but we’d love to find people who are looking to join our family on a more permanent basis. The Long Island Game Farm is currently in immediate need of part-time staff members (age 21+) to work weekday shifts at our Snack Bar and Souvenir Stand.
We are currently looking for people for the following areas of the park (training is available):
- Ticket Booth Operations
- Animal-Related Shows – on the main stage
- Animal Enrichment, Lectures and Presentations – focused on specific animals or animals as a whole
- Animal Nursery – requires some mild to heavy lifting and cleaning of stalls
- Ride Operations
- Snack Bar and Gift Shop Operations – must be 21 or older and capable of working mid-week shifts
- Maintenance – requires cleaning of animal cages and park grounds
- Pony Ride Pavilion – must be comfortable with horses
- Head Office – we’re currently looking for a qualified business or marketing major to fill an internship role as Assistant to the Vice President of Operations
Fill out our online application as a preliminary inquiry into employment, volunteer work and internships at the Long Island Game Farm. You will be contacted as soon as possible if you qualify for a job at our New York zoo.